I know, I know. I’ve neglected you all terribly. What with the holidays and being sick with bronchitis, I just haven’t had the time or the energy to blog! But I’m going to make it up to you with this delicious Beef Stroganoff recipe! It’s easy and delicious and your guests (if you have any) will think you slaved all day to make it!
Beef Stroganoff (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 small package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1 t. xathan gum
- 2 t. garlic salt
- 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1 c. 0% greek yogurt or sour cream
- Add oil, onions and mushrooms to a warm skillet and brown onions and mushrooms; remove.
- Add ground beef; brown.
- Put onions and mushrooms back in the skillet, along with milk, broth, xanthan gum, salt, pepper and paprika; stir.
- Bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and yogurt; simmer another 5 minutes.
Note: As is, this recipe is a delicious S for all my THM friends. Serve with a nice big salad or big serving of buttered veggies. For a healthy crossover (for those nursing or to serve to children), serve over pasta or rice.
This recipe is a definite keeper! I’m thinking about using it as a sauce for meatballs, too. There’s so many things you could do with it.
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xo