Remember that amazing cheesecake I made with Glutino salted caramel and chocolate pretzels? Well, they sent me a bag of their honey mustard pretzels, too. I knew I wanted to come up with an awesome recipe using them instead of just eating the whole bag as is. Although, they are so good, I wouldn’t mind doing so! I came up with a gluten-free honey mustard chicken tenders recipe. Oh hang on, I have something to say…
I apologize for the mix up with my last giveaway. I have been sent product from Udi’s and Glutino Foods recently and I have been giving the go ahead to run giveaways for both companies as well. So when I typed up my giveaway post, I posted photos and links and the whole nine yards, apparently not paying close enough attention to who sent what and got them all mixed up. I even sent my link to the post to the wrong contact person from the company! Talk about embarrassing! I promise to do better from now on…
Starting with these beauties…
Just look at the crispy goodness on those babies! So good! I served these crispy gluten-free honey mustard chicken tenders with a side of cheesy veggies. It was a great meal! I just know you want this recipe.
From The Kitchen Of: NowICanEatCake (Click HERE to print recipe)
Recipe: Gluten-Free Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1/3 c. heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 egg
- 1 bag Glutino Foods gluten-free honey mustard pretzels, blitzed in the food processor
- Natures Seasons® (salt and pepper to taste) (I seasoned the chicken AND the cream and egg mixture)
- 4-5 T. coconut oil or butter
- Cut fat and anything undesirable from chicken breasts and cut into strips.
- Whisk cream and egg together; season with Natures Seasons®.
- Blitz pretzels in food processor til fine, but not super fine. You want a little texture.
- Warm skillet over med-high heat; melt coconut oil in heated pan.
- Once oil is hot, dip chicken into egg and cream mixture and then coat well with pretzel bits.
- Carefully place coated chicken into hot oil and cook until golden brown on first side before flipping and cooking until chicken is completely done, about 4m on each side.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly on paper towels before serving.
- Serve with a side of veggies or a nice big salad.
Note: These are fabulous when they are fresh and good when reheated, but I recommend eating them fresh for the best flavor. You lose the honey mustard flavor when you reheat them for some reason.
The Review: I give Glutino Foods Honey Mustard Pretzels ♥♥♥♥♥
Live, laugh love and be kind. xoxo