As most of you know, I have been gluten free (mostly) for almost a year now. I work with a couple different companies, for which I do reviews and giveaways. I enjoy doing this so much. Sometimes I just try the product as is and review it. Sometimes I make recipe with the product. I really enjoy doing this. The product I am reviewing today is Glutino Foods Favorite Sandwich Bread. This is a mix, so you must prepare it yourself, but I decided I wanted to use it to make a recipe instead of just making plain bread. I decided to make this Almost Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
It turned out great! And just look how it rose out of the pan! Can you believe that it’s gluten-free?!?! I also love the color, so golden brown… YUM!
Almost Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 box Glutino Foods Favorite Sandwich Bread
- 3 t. cinnamon
- 3 T. Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 3/4 c. warm water
- 2 1/2 t. vanilla
- 4 T. oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. softened and well-drained raisins (red or golden)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, pour the bread mix and the package of yeast included in the box, Splenda and cinnamon. Start mixer and stir to combine. (You can just use the paddle because this bread will remain pretty loose).
- Now add warm water, vanilla, oil and eggs; start mixer on low-speed and mix to combine. Once everything is mixed fairly well, turn mixer to med-high speed and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Once mixed, add softened raisins and mix just until raisins are incorporated.
- Spoon bread dough into greased 9″x5″ bread pan. Allow to sit while you preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Once your oven is hot and your bread has risen to the top of the pan, bake your dough for 30m or until golden brown and it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting to serve or putting in an airtight container to store.
- Best if stored in refrigerator or freezer.
You could totes change this Almost Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread up by using any dried fruit and using different spices to go with whatever fruit you’re using.
I am giving Glutino Foods Favorite Sandwich Bread ♥♥♥♥
This bread has great flavor and texture. It isn’t dry and doesn’t fall apart like some gluten-free breads I’ve tried. I really like it. It does have a bit of an odd aftertaste. I think it’s the pea protein. It’s not enough to totally turn me off to this yummy bread, though, which is why I gave it 4 hearts out of 5!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xo