As soon as I saw this recipe for Chicken and Cheese Quiche, I knew I wanted to make it in my kitchen. I thought about making it with an almond crust, but decided against it. I think I’m glad I did. It may be just a bit too rich with an almond and butter crust. This crustless chicken and cheese quiche is perfect for dinner, but would make a great breakfast, brunch or any-time-of-day meal!
I love how golden brown it gets…
Many thanks to Ayesha for inspiring this recipe!
Crustless Chicken And Cheese Quiche (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 can chicken (about 1 c. cooked chicken)
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped with layers separated
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1/2 c. heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 t. cayenne
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 T. butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium size skillet, add 2 T. butter and fry the red onions until transparent.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, shredded chicken and green onions.
- Add 1/2 of your seasonings to this mixture and cook til warmed through and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs; add 1 c. shredded cheddar to it.
- In another bowl whisk the heavy cream, and remaining egg; add the remaining seasonings to it and whisk.
- Spray a pie plate or baking pan with non-stick vegetable oil; add the chicken and veggies; pour cheese-egg mixture and spread it over the vegetables with a spoon.
- Now top it all with the cream-egg mixture; sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. of cheese over everything and bake for 40 minutes or until quiche is set and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before cutting and serving.
Notes: This crustless chicken and cheese quiche is a delicious S meal for those following the THM lifestyle. Feel free to add other veggies you like to this. I would love to add mushrooms to this next time I make it, maybe even some tomatoes!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo