So I was trying to think of something to do with some greek yogurt I have sitting in my fridge. It’s great stuff. Packed with protein and calcium. So good for you. I also have these natural sugar-free sweeteners just sitting here waiting to be used. So I thought why not mix them together?!? I love the fruit parfaits at that one popular restaurant…you know, the one with the golden arches… 😉 I took some inspiration from there and came up with what you see above…my blueberries are a little freezer burned from being in the freezer too long, but the parfait was really good anyway.
Once the creative juices were flowing, I just went with them. Brownies go so well with strawberries, as everyone knows! I was going to add a swirl of chocolate syrup, but thought better of it as I’m trying to keep the calorie count low, but feel free to add some to your fruit parfaits! My chocolate granola would have been yummy in this, too!! Maybe I’ll have to make another tomorrow! 😉
Any Who… here’s the quick and super easy recipe for these yummy parfaits.
Fruit Parfaits (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 1/2 c. 0% nonfat plain greek yogurt (about 3/4 c each parfait)
- 1/4-1/3 c. PreSweet™ Tagatose (depending on how sweet you want your yogurt)
- 10-12 drops Pure Liquid™ Vanilla Alcohol Free NuStevia™ (again, depending on how sweet you want your yogurt)
- app. 1 c. frozen strawberries, thawed
- app. 1/2 c. frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 gluten-free brownie, cut into pieces
- In a bowl, combine your yogurt, tagatose and liquid vanilla; mix well.
For Fruit Parfait:
- Layer fruit and yogurt in a fancy glass, starting with fruit in the bottom, followed by yogurt.
- Repeat, ending with fruit on top.
- You could add granola to this and it would be fabulous!
For Brownie Parfait:
- Layer fruit, brownie and yogurt in a fancy glass, starting with a bit of brownie in the bottom, followed by yogurt, then fruit.
- Repeat, ending with brownie bit on top.
- This could be done with granola as well.
PLEASE make these delicious fruit parfaits, they are so good and HEALTHY, too!!
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you all! May God Bless you beyond measure!
Live, laugh , love and be kind! xoxo