Today I’m sharing a fabulous recipe called Egg Roll In A Bowl. It’s super easy and super yummy. It is supposed to taste like an egg roll but not be fried and unhealthy like an egg roll. It definitely does not disappoint!
It’s actually pretty versatile, too. You can use any ground meat in it and you can adjust seasonings to your liking. Also, you can omit ingredients as well. Don’t like onions? Don’t add them. Don’t like purple cabbage? Don’t use it! Get the idea?
Yeah. It’s easy!
MMmmm… looks good, right? Here’s the recipe…
Egg Roll In A Bowl (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 lb. ground pork (can use turkey, beef, chicken)
- 1 package cabbage slaw mix
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 t. ground ginger
- splash of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown your ground pork until no longer pink.
- Add oil to pan and melt; add onions and brown in oil.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, soy sauce and ground ginger well.
- Add garlic mixture to pan and mix into ground pork.
- Immediately add cabbage slaw mix to pan after mixing in garlic mixture into pork and onions.
- Stir cabbage slaw into pork and garlic mixture, making sure to mix everything well.
- Cook for several minutes, stirring often.
- Cook 8-10 minutes or until the cabbage slaw is softened to desired texture and everything is warmed through.
- I used turkey sausage for this because that is what I had on hand. While it was good, I think ground pork or chicken would have worked better. I am also going to work on the seasonings to get them just right.
- As written, this is an S meal for all my THM friends!
- I also used the cabbage slaw mix that is prepackaged in the store. It is a great time saver and works perfectly for this dish!! Feel free to use a head of cabbage and a few carrots instead of the slaw mix if you wish. If I had to guess I’d say one large head would be enough. Along with a half bag of carrots, washed, peeled and shredded. Adjust amounts to your liking.
We really liked this recipe and I will be making this again!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo