Wow! Posting two days in a row, people!! Its getting real all up in here! REAL! Hehe. No, I just happened to cook something new two days in a row. Some times that’s how I roll, sometimes not…I knew I was going to do that this week, because the recipes I saw last week were amazing and I HAD to try them. Of course, I switched them up a bit to make them my own, but they inspire my creations!
Check these mini bell pepper nachos out…
Originally these were chicken nachos. I am not against using chicken. I wanted to use beef for my mini bell pepper nachos because that’s what I had on hand. Use whatever meat you want. Cuz, hey…I’m not the boss of you. 😉
Mini Bell Pepper Nachos (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 lb. ground beef (can use turkey, chicken or even shredded chicken)
- homemade taco seasoning (can use a packet if you want)
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 bag mini bell peppers (can use large bell peppers cut in pieces)
- shredded cheese (I like the taco blend)
- fresh tomatoes (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional or 0% greek yogurt also optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- onions (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/2 c. water; turn heat up to med.-high and simmer til water has evaporated.
- In the meantime, wash, seed and cut your peppers in half (or pieces if using large peppers).
- Once meat is done, spoon mixture into peppers.
- Sprinkle with taco blend cheese and place on a foil lined baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted and starting to brown.
- Serve while warm with toppings (onions, olives, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, whathaveyou).
Notes: As written, this recipe is an S meal, for my THM friends! 🙂 Enjoy!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo