I have a yummy caramel apple smoothie to share with you guys today. Yes, I know it’s fall and y’all are drinking everything warm now, but I just had to try this recipe. It sounded so good and I finally had everything I needed for it. I am so glad I did, too. It’s delicious!. Just bundle up in a blanket and try it! You won’t be sorry, I promise! And since it was so good, I had to share it with all of you!
As you can see from the photo, I did not peel my apple. You can if you like. It’s up to you. I washed my apple well before cutting it up. I just cut it into large chunks before throwing it into the blender.
Caramel Apple Smoothie (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 medium apple (or 1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce), washed, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 c. 1% cottage cheese (or non-fat cottage cheese)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. caramel extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- truvia, xylitol, erythritol to taste
- 8 ice cubes
- Toss everything into the pitcher of your blender and pulse to get started.
- Blend til smooth.
- Top with low-fat or non-fat whipped cream if you wish.
I thought leaving the peel on the apple made this caramel apple smoothie beautiful and added depth of color AND flavor. If you don’t like the idea of that, feel free to peel your apple. For all my THM ladies, this is an ‘E’ so make sure you keep your fat to 5g or less!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo