Well, the title ‘Not your Mama’s MeatLoaf’ isn’t exactly true…this is in fact the recipe my mother-in-law uses, with a couple tweaks. Because I try to eat gluten-free most of the time, I use gluten free crackers in mine and I use barbecue sauce as well as ketchup. But other than that, this is basically her recipe. This Not Your Mama’s Meatloaf is so good, you’ll burn your recipe!
This is somewhat of a sponsored post. The fine people over at Glutino Foods sent me some gluten-free Cheddar Crackers that I used for the ‘bread crumbs’ in this recipe. They are amazing and made this meatloaf delicious!
Not Your Mama’s MeatLoaf (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef (can use venison and beef, lamb and beef, whathaveyou)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c. crushed crackers (I used some gluten-free Cheddar Crackers from Glutino Foods, they were AMAZING)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. each ketchup and your favorite barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- more ketchup and barbecue sauce for the top
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients; mix well with your clean hands, making sure to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pat into prepared loaf pan.
- Squirt top with barbecue sauce and ketchup in a cool design on top.
- Bake for 1h 30m or until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
- Enjoy with aside of veggies, potatoes and/or a nice salad.
This Not Your Mama’s MeatLoaf is so amazing, please try it! You might just keep this as your go to meatloaf recipe! I did!
Live, Laugh, Love and love what you eat! xoxo