By a raise of hands, tell me how many of you have made shish kabobs…okay okay. So, what do you like on yours? I LOVE veggies on mine. Onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, the works! And what meat do you use on your shish kabobs? The possibilities are close to endless…pork, beef, shrimp, lamb, heck you might even be able to use tofu! Eh…maybe not tofu.
You can marinate your meat if you want to as well. I did not marinate mine this time around, but I have before. I also used pork this time. I have had good luck with beef and venison before. And I always have lots of veggies! You don’t have to use veggies, though. Put what you like on them. In fact, you could use only veggies if you wanted or only meat! Hey, I am not the boss of you…
Shish Kabobs (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1-1 1/2 lbs pork (can use beef, chicken, venison, etc.) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 bell peppers washed, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium size onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- tomatoes, washed, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste for veggies and meat
- Wash, seed and cut all your veggies; set aside.
- Trim most but not all of the fat from your meat; cut into bite size pieces.
- Season veggies and meat well.
- Preheat our grill.
- Start putting veggies and meat on your skewers, alternating meat, veggie, veggie, veggie, veggie, meat, and so on.
- Grill shish kabobs over medium heat until pork is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with a nice big salad or another veggie!
MMMmm, these shish kabobs are so good.
Live, laugh, love and eat what you love! xoxo