Y’all know my love of all thinks pumpkin, right? Well I have found yet another! Hubby came home this morning with a cake pop/donut hole maker! Yay! I have been wanting a donut maker for a while now. I saw one on an online yard sale site the other day and it was a great deal but the guy selling it was kind of yanking my chain a bit and my husband wasn’t going to play his game. So he went and bought me one of my very own from the store. Gosh, I love that man. So, of course the first thing I made was these Pumpkin Poppers.
Pumpkin Poppers W/ Cinnamon Brown Sugar Dip (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. oat flour (process old fashion oats in food processor til fine)
- 1/2 c. THM brown sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. pumpkin
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 T. THM brown sugar
- 1-2 t. cinnamon
- In a medium size bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well.
- Preheat donut hole maker or oven (if using an oven preheat to 350°F.)
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Spray donut hole maker or donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill donut hole pan holes to overflowing; close and snap lid closed. If using donut pan, fill to just full.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until poppers are done. They will not sink in when you try to lift them out when they are done. (I’m not sure how long these will take in the oven. I would start with 10 minutes and go from there).
- Remove from maker and cool on a wire rack til completely cool.
- Whip cream til it starts to become thick.
- Add sugar and cinnamon; beat til thick.
- Enjoy with pumpkin poppers!
For all my THM friends, these pumpkin poppers are a fabulous S snack/dessert. Please keep your carbs to 10 or less when enjoying these. You could even add a couple oz. of cream cheese to your dip, that would be delicious! MMmmmm, an idea for next time!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo