I know, I know. A peanut butter cup shake doesn’t sound healthy. But it actually is. It’s quite healthy. And if you can have your chocolate (and peanut butter ) and eat it, why the heck not, right?!? RIGHT!! 😉 I just know y’all agree with me on that point, because ummmm… CHOCOLATE (and peanut butter)!!! Haha…check this out.
This peanut butter cup shake is amazingly similar to a certain brand of peanut butter cups. So similar that if I have a craving for those certain cups, I whip one of these up and BOOM, no more cravings!
I found this recipe online…actually I found for this online, but I changed it up so much that I’m not even going to link to the original. I made it to fit my needs and my budget. My version doesn’t have any ‘specialty ingredients’ that are hard to find or cost an arm and a leg.
You’re welcome….now on to the recipe for this delicious peanut butter cup shake.
Peanut Butter Cup ‘Shake’ (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 3/4 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can use unsweetened original)
- 1/4 c. 1% cottage cheese
- 1 T. coconut oil (optional)
- 3 – 4 T. truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- dash of salt
- 1/2 – 1 t. xanthan gum
- 2 T. all-natural peanut butter
- 1 heaping T. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Add everything except water and ice to blender.
- Blend slightly; add boiling water (this will melt your oil).
- Now add ice and pulse.
- Blend to desired consistency.
Notes: This recipe is easily doubled or tripled to serve 2-3 people. As written, it is a single serving. This peanut butter cup shake is a delicious S meal/snack. Be sure to keep your carbs to 10 or less when enjoying this shake!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo