I have been scouring the interwebs for new and exciting recipes for me and my family to try. Recipes that are not only exciting but that are healthy as well. That is important to me. More important than being exciting….maybe. Okay, probably not but pretend you believe that okay? Pinky promise? Mediterranean Grilled Chicken sounds exciting, doesn’t it?!?! And it’s certainly healthy…at last this version is!
Any who, as soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it! It looked so yummy with the olives and tomatoes. YUM! So I made a couple changes cuz hey, she’s not the boss of me! This is what we ended up with for dinner one night.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 12 oz. of chicken breasts, split in half or flattened (about 4 chicken breasts cut in half)
- 3 T. garlic in fused red wine vinegar
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. oregano, dried
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. greek yogurt, plain
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded, diced small
- 1/4 c. sweet red or orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 c. cucumber, diced small
- 12-15 black olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 oz. goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled (I used fresh mozzarella)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 T. greek yogurt, plain
- 1 t. fresh basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 T. garlic infused red wine vinegar
- 1 t. lime juice
- Balsamic Glaze (optional)
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; set a side.
- In a bowl, add all of the marinade ingredients, mix until combined. Pour over chicken. Cover chicken and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa, add all the salsa ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Set grill over medium heat.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 5 minutes; flip chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve salsa over top of chicken and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Note: If you do not have garlic infused wine vinegar, add about 1/4 tsp minced garlic to the marinade.
You throw everything together in a bowl over a couple of chicken breasts cut in half, throw it in the fridge for a couple of hours. You take 10 minutes to make this delicious salsa, throw that in the fridge. Then when it’s time to eat, you take everything out of the fridge, another 10 minutes to grill the chicken breasts, top with your salsa and BOOM! Time to eat. It really doesn’t get much easier folks!
Live, love, laugh and be kind!! xoxo