I have pretty much made the same meat loaf recipe since I’ve been married. I never deviate from the recipe my MIL taught me to use. Ground meat, crackers, egg, onions, spices, a touch of ketchup or bbq sauce in the mix and on top, bake and you get a moist, yummy meat loaf very time, without fail. Until tonight. I deviated. And I’m glad I did. This meat loaf is full of flavor, super moist and the yum factor? A solid 10 out of 10!! You want the recipe don’t you? Lucky for you, I’m sharing it here today…right now!!
Pizza Meat Loaf (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, turkey or venison (I used ground beef and venison)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. gluten-free crackers, crushed or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. thyme
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 t. seasoned salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese + some to sprinkle on top before the pizza cheese
- 1/2 c. marinara or sugar-free pizza sauce
- 1 – 1/2 c. pizza or italian blend cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, eggs, breadcrumbs, herbs, onions, salts, pepper 1/2 of shredded cheese and parmesan cheese. Lightly mix with hands just until incorporated, DO NOT over-mix; place mixture in greased loaf pan and gently press to form meat loaf.
- Top with marinara/pizza sauce.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet in oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a little more parmesan and remaining shredded cheese.
- Return meatloaf to oven and bake another 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly and browning around the edges.
- Remove from oven, drain any grease/fat from loaf pan and allow to rest for 5-7 minutes before cutting and serving.
Inspiration from here.
Enjoy this delightful change-up to your regular every-day meatloaf!
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo