Have you ever had chicken parmesan? Before I made this, I had not. I enjoyed this but since I had never had it before, I didn’t have anything to compare this to. I can now say this, it’s really good. At least the one I made was… The chicken stays nice and juicy and the cheeses together are amazing. You can use jarred sauce or make your own and you can use breasts or thighs, so it’s versatile, too. This one is a winner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. italian seasoning
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 t. seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- 3/4 – 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Put chicken into a gallon size ziplock bag with oil, garlic, italian seasoning, red wine vinegar, seasoning salt and sea salt and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- When chicken is done marinating and you are ready to bake it, preheat your oven to 400º F.
- Beat egg in a shallow dish (to dip chicken in).
- Put parmesan cheese in another shallow dish (to coat chicken in after you dip it in the egg).
- Remove marinated chicken from ziplock bag and dip in chicken.
- Now roll in parmesan cheese, coating well.
- Bake for 3-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170º F), remove from oven.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto cooked chicken in even amounts (you probably won’t use all of it if you use my recipe).
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve this with a nice big salad or vegetable side.
Slightly adapted from here: KnowGluten.me
MAKE.THIS.CHICKEN.PARMESAN.NOW. You will not be sorry!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo