Goodness me, I just could not figure out what to eat this morning. Do you ever have that problem? I kinda need to go to the store, but that has to wait til Friday, so I’ve been using what we have on hand, which doesn’t make for great inspiration. BUT it does make for great IMAGINATION!! I remembered seeing a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal and I thought that sounded good so I had to search for that. Finally found it and tried it. YUM! I really liked it so I thought I would share it. Here’s my recipe for pumpkin pie oatmeal…
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1/4 c. THM sugar-free brown sugar
- 1/4 c. pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 c. rolled oats
- Add THM brown sugar and pumpkin to a medium saucepan and begin to heat over med-high heat.
- Add almond milk and slowly stir into pumpkin and THM brown sugar.
- Now add vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil; stir in oatmeal.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 4 minutes or until oatmeal is soft and creamy.
Serve in a pretty bowl with a little whipped topping and enjoy! This pumpkin pie oatmeal is a delicious ‘E’ breakfast for my THM friends… so if you want whipped topping on it, be sure to use just a tad, or use fat-free!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! x0x0