Ice cream was one of those things I thought I was going to never eat again when I started my THM journey. Actually is was when I had a brief stent with Atkins. That didn’t last long! I was actually doing it to support my sister and she found it much too restrictive for her liking and frankly, so did I. Through some trial and error, I came up with this little gem of a recipe for my favorite ice cream!
Low-Carb Sugar-Free Ice Cream (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1-2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on how chocolaty you want your ice cream)
- 7-8 drops liquid stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2-3 T. all-natural no sugar added peanut butter (optional)
- 2-3 T. coconut oil (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, whip heavy cream until it just begins to thicken.
- Once it begins to thicken, add the sweetener and cocoa powder.
- Continue whipping until mixture is thick like whipped topping. DO NOT OVERWHIP
- Cover bowl with a lid or foil and leave to chill for an hour or so.
- Remove from freezer and stir. If adding peanut butter, melt peanut butter and oil together and drizzle into chilled ‘ice cream’ now.
- Return to freezer and allow to chill until desired consistency.
Notes: I have added all-natural sugar free peanut butter to mine with GREAT results. I melt peanut butter with a little coconut oil and drizzle it in ribbons throughout and freeze it. A good alternative to the sugar laden peanut butter cup ice cream you can buy in the store!
Even though it melts pretty fast, it’s still pretty amazing and if you LOVE ice cream like I do, you won’t even care because hey, you get to eat ice cream again!!! 🙂 You’re welcome!! 😉
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo