There are few things that feel like comfort food to me more than warm oatmeal. Now, normally I would add tons of brown sugar and raisins to my oatmeal, but now that I am a Trim Healthy Mama, or on my way to being one anyway, I no longer use brown sugar OR raisins, as they are not conducive to weight-loss. So I got creative and made this… it’s apple cinnamon oatmeal. Apples, and cinnamon are a great combination. Add them to creamy, warm oatmeal and it’s a match made in heaven…And it’s perfect for this time of year! Just look how yummy this looks!
Here is the delicious recipe…
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 c. water
- dash sea salt
- 1 c. gluten-free old fashion oats
- 1 small apple, washed and diced
- 3-4 packets sweetener of choice
- splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- cinnamon to taste
- In a medium size sauce pan, bring 2 c. water to a boil.
- While waiting wash your apple well and dice.
- Once water is boiling, add oats to water and boil about 1 minute.
- Add diced apple and sweetener; continue boiling apples and oats for another 4 minutes or so.
- Once apples and oats are done, take off heat and spoon into bowls.
- Pour desired amount of almond milk over oats and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- This will serve 2 people.
Notes: You could do this with any fruit…peaches, pears, blueberries. Adjust cooking time accordingly. The oats still need 5 minutes, just add fruit in later…for all my THM’s out there, this is a fabulous ‘E’ breakfast (lunch or dinner works, too)! I really hope y’all will try this, it’s sooo good and perfect for this time of year!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo