My family and I often like to have breakfast for dinner. In fact, we REALLY like it. This ham and veggie bake is no exception. It really hits the spot, especially on a cool, fall evening. There is just something about warm eggs with meat and veggies that hits the spot, no?
Don’t get me wrong, you can totally eat this Ham and Veggie Bake for breakfast. That is totally acceptable. But if you want to eat it for brunch, lunch or dinner, it’s perfect for that as well! It would be great to take to a potluck or have on Christmas morning. I’m pretty sure you could put it together the night before, refrigerate it overnight and throw it in the oven the morning of!
MMmmmm, doesn’t that ^^^ look yummy?!? Now for the recipe (original recipe here)…
Ham and Veggie Bake (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 head of broccoli, washed and cut into small flowerettes
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into small flowerettes
- 1 lb. cooked ham, diced
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c. green onion, sliced thin
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. heavy cream or half and half, whipped with egg
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or other favorite seasoning blend)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375° F. (If you are baking from overnight refrigeration, and you are using a glass pan, do not preheat; allow oven and pan to heat up together.) Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli and cauliflower just 2 minutes; then pour into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well. Dice the ham while the broccoli drains.
Put broccoli, cauliflower, ham, cheese, down in casserole dish in that order. Season with Spike Seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper, then sprinkle with green onion and pour beaten egg over. Use a fork to “stir” the mixture just until all the ingredients are coated with egg. It will look like there is not enough egg, but don’t worry, there is!
Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the mixture is set and top is lightly brown. Serve hot.
This can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
This goes together quickly and takes just over half an hour or so to cook. It’s super easy and quick! I do hope you will make it soon!
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo