Have you ever made your own hot cocoa? I don’t mean opening a package and dumping it in a cup and adding some hot water…I mean making it from scratch. It’s pretty amazing. Especially the recipe I just made today! The best part? It’s SUGAR FREE!! And it still tastes AMAZING!!!
And if you put your hot cocoa in a pretty mug, it looks pretty darn spiffy, too! Check it out…
And now, for the recipe…
Hot Cocoa (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 T. butter
- 6 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 oz. heavy cream (can use half and half to cut down on the fat)
- 1 t. caramel extract
- 2-3 T. sweetener of choice
- 1 T. unsweetened cocoa
- pinch of sea salt
- Place butter in small saucepan and melt.
- Add all other ingredients and heat until steamy, DO NOT BOIL.
- Pour into pretty cup and enjoy!
I think this recipe actually makes 2 servings. But, it’s so rich and delicious, you might just want to drink it all yourself!
This might very well be the best hot cocoa I have ever had. It’s got just the right amount of chocolate flavor and the caramel extract gives it this rich, full flavor.
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo