I love pancakes. I really do. But I don’t like how I feel after I’ve eaten them. You know, that feeling like you’ve just eaten a ton of bricks… Until now! I have a recipe for E pancakes (Trim Healthy Mama) that taste good, don’t call for bananas AND don’t taste like eggs!! Also, they don’t have a weird texture. Which is huge for me, because I have texture issues!! I’ve hit the pancake jackpot!!
See how pretty they are? And what you see is what you get for one serving…amazing, right?!?!? Here’s the recipe for the E Pancakes…
E Pancakes (Click HERE to print)
- 1 1/2 c. oats
- 1 c. egg whites
- 1 c. 1% or non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 t. aluminum free baking powder
- 3-4 t. truvia or sweetener of choice
- splash of vanilla
- Put oats in blender first and blend until oat flour.
- Once you have made your oat flour, add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of your blender pitcher as needed.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- Once griddle is heated, spray with cooking spray and pour batter onto griddle about 1/3 c. at a time, forming pancake shapes. You may have to spread batter out a little.
- Let pancakes cook until browned on bottom side and top is almost set.
- Flip and allow to brown on other side.
- When you’re sure pancake is done in the middle, remove from griddle and continue until all batter is cooked.
- Serve with my blueberry syrup, sugar-free maple syrup, fresh berries, whathaveyou…
This recipe makes about 9 medium pancakes. 3 is a serving, so you can feed 3 people or 1 person 3 times. A reminder for my THM friends, these are E pancakes, so do not fry in butter or oil! Spray your griddle with non-stick cooking spray, make sure your griddle is hot, and do not flip before browned on the bottom and spray again lightly before flipping each pancake. Also, use only sugar-free syrup (or my sugar-free blueberry syrup) on these, no butter! There you have it. Delicious pancakes that won’t leave you feeling like you’ve just eaten a ton of bricks!
**TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT PANCAKES EVERY TIME**
- Make sure your pan/griddle is hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Do not try flipping your pancakes before they are done.
- Make sure your pancakes are done in the middle before removing from the pan.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo