I have seen several recipes for these apple pie muffins online. Some call for oat fiber, some for whole wheat flour. I have seen some that called for greek yogurt and some that didn’t. So I looked at all of them, compared them and came up with one that I thought I would like. I wasn’t disappointed. I don’t think you will be, either… At least I hope not. I added a couple things I didn’t see in any of the recipes I saw online. You know, my little stamp to make them my very own.
Gluten/Sugar-Free Apple Pie Muffins (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 c. oat flour (just put 1 1/4 c. gluten-free oats in your food processor and process til fine)
- 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
- 1 T. ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 c. cored, diced apple (I used gala apples)
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/3-2/3 c. sweetener of choice (more or less depending on how sweet you like your muffins)
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. cloves
- 1/2 c. egg whites
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 t. vanilla
- 8-10 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- 1/4 c. almond milk
- Prepare a muffin pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray and preheat your oven to 375° F.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the dry ingredients until they are blended well.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Once wet ingredients are well combined, pour them into your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Ladle batter into prepared muffin pan, filling to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until slightly browned and set in the center.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
For my THM peeps, these are an E snack (2 is a serving) and are perfect for this time of year. You could make these with pumpkin for a nice treat, too! That would be perfect with a dollop of FF whipped topping! YUM!
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo