Say What?!? You can make a chocolate chip cookie in a mug? Yup, you sure can. And it’s good, too. I wasn’t sure I was going to like the texture, but it really wasn’t a big deal. It isn’t rubbery and it isn’t slimy. And it tastes great! It’s almost as good as a ‘real’ chocolate chip cookie! And since #1 I can’t have the real thing because I’m gluten intolerant and #2 I can’t have the real thing because I don’t eat sugar, this will definitely be a fabulous alternative!!
Doesn’t that ^^^^^ look fabulous?!?!
I found a few different recipes online for a chocolate chip cookie in a mug. Some used refined sugar, some didn’t. Some used white flour or whole wheat, some didn’t. Some still yet called for baking powder and some did not. I’ve tried it a few different ways and through some trial and error, this is the best recipe (in my opinion) right here…
Gluten/Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Mug (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 1 T. THM brown sugar
- 1 packet truvia
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 4 T. almond flour
- 1 T. coconut flour
- handful sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe mug, melt your butter or oil.
- Add sweetener and extracts.
- Next add your egg and beat into mixture.
- Add salt and flours and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
- Cookie dough will seem too wet, but should be quite thick.
- Microwave 55s – 1m 10s, depending on how you like your cookies. 55 seconds will be done on the outside but still gooey on the inside. 1m 10s will be done and not gooey at all in the center.
If you are a THM’er you MUST try this ‘S’ recipe!! It’s super yummy!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo