Let’s face it, one the reasons we all detest diets is because we want to be able to enjoy our dessert. Well, what if I told you that you can enjoy your dessert AND lose weight? Yup, you heard me correctly. Eat your dessert AND lose weight. The THM way! Take this pumpkin cream cake for example. I took a few different recipes I found and squished them all into one and came up with this delicious little cake. You could probably make muffins out of it too, if you wanted.
Did you know pumpkin is a super-food?? It is! It’s so good for you! I hope y’all like this recipe as much as I do! It’s gonna be a great breakfast tomorrow morning with coffee!!
Pumpkin Cream Cake (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. oat flour
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. (one stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. splenda, truvia, xylitol, erythritol, sweetener of choice
- 1 t. aluminum free baking powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 T. splenda, truvia, xylitol, erythritol, sweetener of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and prepare a 9″x5″ loaf pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix everything for cake (all ingredients up to, but not including cream cheese) together in a medium size bowl til combined well.
- In a separate bowl mix everything else til smooth.
- Scoop half of the cake mixture into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Next, pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Scoop the rest of the cake mixture over the cream cheese and smooth out.
- Place on middle wrack of oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a nice golden brown and the middle is set.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Notes: This recipe is a delightful S for all my THM friends. I prefer eating this after it has been refrigerated. Just a personal preference. I think it sweetens more after refrigeration.
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo