Today I am going to share with you a delicious ‘S’ recipe for chicken salad. It’s an ‘S’ because we are using full-fat mayonnaise. Doesn’t it look delicious? Just ignore the paper plate, y’all. I hate doing dishes! 😉
I am of the mind that if you don’t love what you have to eat (while on a plan or ‘diet’), you won’t stick to it. I have been there and cannot tell you how many times I have started something and quit because it is boring or gross or just plain unrealistic. I love that THM uses all the food groups and teaches you how to eat them in the right way to lose weight if you need to or just eat them to get the most out of them if you don’t need to lose weight.
Remember, fat doesn’t make us fat. mixing carbs and fats does. I am a couple of weeks in on this plan and I have lost about 8 lbs. I am loving the plan and I do not feel deprived in any way. I even made chocolate peanut butter ice cream the other day!! It was delicious. I will be sharing that recipe later!
I love this chicken salad chilled or served immediately. It’s great either way. The pecans give it great texture and flavor. I used to make a recipe with dried cranberries and pecans in it that I loved, but it just had too much sugar. This is a great alternative. I was thinking a little green pepper might be a great addition to this recipe as well…I might add some next time to see if I like it.
Chicken Salad (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 can chicken breast meat, drained and shredded
- 2 ribs celery, washed and finely diced
- 2 T. onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c. pecan pieces
- 8-10 T. full-fat mayonnaise
- favorite seasonings, to taste
- 4 medium/large romaine lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
- Wash, dice and/or trim all veggies and set aside.
- Open chicken and drain it well.
- Put chicken in a medium size bowl and shred well with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to chicken, except lettuce and mix well.
- Chill chicken salad for any amount of time desired and then serve inside lettuce leaves, or serve immediately inside lettuce leaves.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did! This recipe is definitely a keeper!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind!! xoxo