Today I am sharing with you a fabulous recipe for low-carb gluten-free pizza crust. It doesn’t have cauliflower or beans or anything weird in it and it tastes wonderful. Let me share a few others things as well…
I have an update to give you, of sorts. I am still doing Trim Healthy Mama and enjoying it, but I don’t have an update for weight loss today. I am weighing in on the 5th. The reason I am doing that is because my official weight loss journey is going to be from September 5th of this year to September 5th of next year, my sister’s wedding date. I cannot tell you how excited I am. This is probably the most complex, yet easiest ‘weight loss’ program I’ve ever done. I put that in quotes because I’m not looking at this as just a weight loss program. Even if you didn’t have an ounce to lose, you could benefit from this way of eating! It’s just a healthier, more beneficial way for your body to burn the fuel you give it everyday anyway. I’ll explain the main points here again…
You basically just separate your fuels (carbs and fats). ‘S’ meals and ‘E’ meals being the two the main ones.
‘S’ is for satisfying. These meals will consist of mostly protein, fat (butter, oil, creamy sauces, etc.) and non-starchy vegetables. ‘S’ meals should have less than 10 carbs in them.
‘E’ is for energizing. These meals will consist of mostly LEAN protein, veggies, and carbs (starchy veggies, fruit, plan approved bread, plan approved pasta, etc.). ‘E’ meals should have between 20-45 carbs per meal and less than 5g of fat in them. These are your main types of meals and ‘S’ and ‘E’ snacks follow the same rules.
Then you have ‘FP’ or ‘Fuel Pull’ meals and snacks. These consist of mostly protein and stick to 10 carbs or less and 5g of fat or less.
The best way to work the program is to start by having several days of ‘S’ meals to rid the body of sugar. Or, sugar detox as some might call it. Then you want to work in some ‘E’ meals or days, depending on how you want to do it. But if you are going to alternate meals inside the confines of a single day, what is called ‘freestyling’, you must allow 3-4 hours between meals so that the fuels can be burned before you introduce new fuels. Otherwise the first fuels don’t have a chance to be completely burned before the new ones bombard the body and therefore get stored as fat.
I just listen to my body and eat whatever sounds good at the time, within the plan, of course. Since this is a lifestyle change for me and a lifelong one, I do not plan cheat days or meals. This IS the way I eat, I don’t ever plan on changing. I don’t see a reason to. If I am somewhere I don’t have a choice, I will take the healthiest option and make the best of it. But there is almost always a choice.
Now, onto my recipe for today…you’re gonna love it!
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 T. Neuchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 3/4 -1 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- garlic salt, Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, thyme, etc), red pepper flakes… to taste
- green peppers
- black and/or green olives
- turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Put shredded cheeses into a medium size microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for about 1 minute or until cheeses are melted.
- Add cream cheese, butter and egg to melted cheeses; stir and combine well.
- Once mixture is cool enough to handle, mix in almond flour, parmesan cheese and seasonings, folding your mixture into a dough with your hands. The crust will be a bit sticky, but will resemble a traditional pizza dough.
- Press dough into a silicone mat or sprayed parchment paper lined baking pan/sheet (MUST BE LINED WITH SILICONE MAT OR SPRAYED PARCHMENT PAPER OR DOUGH WILL STICK!), making a thin crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until stating to brown and becomes desired crispness.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite sugar-free pizza sauce (search ‘pizza sauce’ here on my site and you will find a good sugar-free sauce) and desired toppings.
- Return pizza to the oven and finish baking.
- Let cool just a couple of minutes before cutting.
Ha! Hardly seems you’re even ON a diet when you can eat things like this, right?!?!?
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo