You could use any color bell peppers for this stuffed peppers recipe. In fact, yellow, red or orange would be sweeter than green, which would be really good. I used green because they are considerably cheaper and I am always on a budget for groceries. Feel free to make your stuffed peppers with any color you like!
Almost week and I see only THM in my future! I am so excited to be able to share this plan with friends and family. Not only because I am able to stick to it, but because it’s healthy but also because it’s biblically and Christian based. That’s right, the bible talks about food, peeps! Chapter 6 of this book talks about what the bible tells us about what we should and should not include in our diets. Did you know that it’s biblical to eat meat? Yep! And to cook our food! So much to learn. That’s not to say we have to cook every single thing we eat and that everything that hits our mouths must be flesh from an animal, I mean come on, let’s be realistic. I’m just saying, we shouldn’t cut any food groups from our diets in the name of health…God created them all for our nourishment! And if our Creator made the animals and made us, wouldn’t He know best what would nourish us and keep us healthy?
Yeah, I thought so, too… 😉
Anyway…moving on. This stuffed peppers recipe is something I came up with when I saw a recipe online and a recipe in the book and I mixed the two together. Something I like to call a win/win! The best of both worlds. Are you pickin’ up what I’m layin’ down here?!?!
Let’s get on with the recipe then, you are NOT going to want to miss the recipe for these…
Stuffed Peppers (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 large (ish) green peppers, washed, cut in half and seeded
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- favorite seasonings, to taste
- 4 oz. Neufchatel or cream cheese
- splash of heavy cream
- 8-10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F. and prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining with foil and then spraying foil with non-stick cooking spray, this will make clean-up a breeze!
- Fill a medium size saucepan with water and heat to boiling; while waiting for water to boil, wash peppers. Cut peppers in half and seed them.
- Once water is boiling, place peppers carefully into boiling water and par-boil for about 1 minute; after a minute, take peppers out of boiling water and set aside on paper towel until ready to bake.
- Brown ground beef or turkey along with onion and seasonings in a skillet until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream; mix together til creamy and incorporated well; stir in app. 4 oz. of your shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Now you can place the peppers in your prepared baking dish; divide your burger mixture between your the four pepper halves; now top your pepper halves with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until your cheese is melted and starting to brown nicely; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
For my THM friends, this a fabulous S meal! Serve with a nice big salad or another veggie!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo