Day 5 and still going strong. How could I not be with meals like ChocoCookie Bowl Oatmeal, I mean c’mon! I am loving this plan. I am not weighing myself til the 1st. But I am starting to feel a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I wore a skirt to church on Sunday that I couldn’t even get over my hips a few weeks ago. Yay! 🙂
I did my first ‘E’ aka, ‘Energizing’ meal this morning. I messed up and used the almond butter I have when I made it. Not sure why I read the ingredients while taking care of it but I’m glad I did! It has organic unrefined cane sugar in it. Now, that might not raise a red flag for someone who is at goal weight and just wants to eat healthy. But I am no where near goal weight. And while it only had 3g sugar in it, they were all from that organic unrefined cane sugar. So I gave that to the hubs to eat (I HATE throwing away food) and I made a new batch of…. ChocoCookie Bowl Oatmeal!! OMGoodness!!! It is sooooo good!!! Like I could eat this every day good! Not quite as good as a no-bake good. But if you can’t have a no-bake this is a close second good!! 😉
So glad I decided to try this for my first ‘E’ meal!! It was fantastic! I did tweak the recipe a bit, so I will share the tweaked recipe with y’all. It was so thick and rich, with a deep chocolate flavor… PERFECT!
ChocoCookie Bowl Oatmeal (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 1/4c. water, divided
- 1/2 c. old fashion oats
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- heaping 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. xathan gum
- 5 t. truvia (5 packets)
- 1 1/2 t. all-natural, no sugar added peanut butter
- Put 1 c. water in a medium size saucepan and heat over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add oats and sea salt; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While oats are cooking, put remaining ingredients, except peanut butter, in the pitcher of your blender; blend for a couple minutes, scraping the sides of your blender pitcher as needed.
- Once oats are done, remove them from heat and pour contents of pitcher into saucepan; stir well.
- Stir peanut butter into oats pour into a pretty bowl to enjoy!
Feel free to follow the original recipe if you wish, it’s page 232 in the book. It was perfect the way I made it. The texture was great! Thick and creamy and Oh so chocolaty!! ChocoCookie Bowl Oatmeal is a delightful E meal, so be sure to keep your fat to 5g or less with this meal!
LIVE, love, laugh and be kind! xoxo