Stuffed Tomato Tuna Melts is just one of the things I’ve enjoyed this week while trying the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. I think I want to alternate days instead of meals. It will be easier that way, I believe. Rather than try to make sure I have enough time between meals for the fuel burning and all…
I have been enjoying burgers with the fixings, eggs in coconut oil, Cottage Berry Whip celery and peanut butter. I even had a Cake In A Mug. I am going to have to play with that recipe a bit to get it just right, but it was pretty good!
Today I am sharing a recipe with you that I tweaked to make my very own. These stuffed tomato tuna melts are an ‘S’ meal and it is so very good!! I have had this with and without the cheese. It’s great both ways, but since it’s an ‘S’…why eat it without the cheese when you don’t have to?!?!? I mean just look at these beauties…
Stuffed Tomato Tuna Melts (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 can chunk light tuna in water
- 4 baby dill pickles
- 1-2 T. onion, diced
- 2-4 T. full-fat mayonnaise
- favorite seasonings to taste
- 1/8 – 1/4 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, washed, cut in half and seeded
- 1 slice all-natural sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Drain tuna well; place in a medium size bowl.
- Dice onion and pickles; add to bowl with tuna.
- Wash, halve and seed your tomato.
- Add shredded cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings to bowl and mix well with onions, pickles and tuna.
- Once mixed well, Divide tuna mixture between two tomato halves (it may not all fit).
- Cut your sharp cheddar slice in half and top each tomato half with cheese.
- Bake in 375* oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit and enjoy!
Om nom nom…
Hope y’all enjoy this as much as I did!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo