The fine folks over at LetThemEatFoods sent me one of the Blueberry Muffin Mixes the other day and I am just now getting around to reviewing it. I have so many things to review, it’s getting crazy all up in heeya! Then we just had our Memorial Day Work Weekend here at camp, so I’ve been super busy with that, that’s why I have been MIA the last few days.
It’s important to mention that when the folks at LetThemEatFoods contacted me, they asked what product I would like to try, so I perused their site to check out my options….and can I just say, “YUM”? Oh and maybe, “WOW!”
They not only sell mixes, but already baked goods, as well! Yeah, brownies that are HUGE and gluten and dairy-free, too! They also sell banana bread mix or already baked loaves…YUMMY! They even sell pans to bake their mixes in. How cool is that?
Well, since I am a recipe developer (contact me if you have a product you would like me to use for a recipe!) they said one of two recipes they could send would work the best, as some of their recipes are pretty much complete as they come. So we decided on the blueberry muffin mix. Which is kind of misleading because it’s actually a plain muffin mix. It doesn’t have blueberries in it. You can add ANY fruit you want to it…AND I did! 🙂
Guess what fruit I used… you’ll never guess. Ok, maybe you will but I’m going to tell you anyway, so no need! I used PEACHES! Yep, peaches. As the mix sat on my counter and I thought and thought, I kept thinking to myself… ‘Self…you must come up with something original. You have told these people you would and now you MUST’. And I did… 😉
Here’s the proof!!
Peach Muffins (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1/3 c. coconut oil
- 1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk (can use vanilla or plain)
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen peaches, divided
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 T. honey
- 1 t. ginger
- 1 package LetThemEat Blueberry Muffin Mix
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree 3/4 c. of your peaches; add to a medium size bowl. Dice the remaining peaches and set aside.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour muffin mix into wet mixture and stir just until everything is moistened and incorporated.
- Fold in diced peaches.
- Immediately sprayed or lined muffin tins with muffin batter. Your muffin tins should be a little more than half full.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until just starting to brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes in the muffin tins before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are so good. Not too sweet, but sweet enough. That little tang of ginger in there is perfect. I don’t mean to toot my own horn but….TOOT TTTTOOOOOTTT!! 😉
And now for a review of the muffin mix…
I give LetThemEatFoods Blueberry Muffin Mix ♥♥♥♥♥
I loved it! Great taste, texture and crumble. I love that I can pronounce everything in the ingredients. The packaging is simple, plain and attractive. The product is gluten, dairy and soy-free. The instructions are easy to read and follow. And I love the tagline on their packaging… “Life can be better. Eat like you used to.” With these muffins, you definitely don’t feel like you’re giving anything up!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo