These are THE BEST gluten-free brownies I have had to date. Here I thought I was doomed to eat black bean brownies and chick pea brownies all the rest of my days (except when I’m reviewing some fabulous mix or I splurge and buy a mix).
Don’t get me wrong I am thankful for those brownies but they just aren’t the same as REAL brownies, ya dig? These are REAL BROWNIES! They don’t have that tell-tale texture that gluten-free brownies often have and that off smell of brownies made with beans…I know you know what I’m talking about. All my fellow gluten-free peeps, you’re smellin’ what I’m steppin’ in! These are incredibly moist and the honey makes them so fudgy and chewy. And the butter cream?!?! SHUT UP!!
Thanks Lori, for the inspiration for this DIVINE recipe!
Gluten-Free Brownies W/Butter Cream Frosting (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 1 1/4 c. almond flour/meal
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 T. coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 t. vanilla
- 4 T. cocoa
- 1/2 -3/4 c. honey (or sweetener of choice), depending on how sweet you like your brownies
- 1/2 c. coconut oil or butter, room temp (soft but not melted at all)
- 3/4 c. honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 T. heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (can use a hand mixer or mix by hand), combine wet ingredients, except the egg. When it is thoroughly mixed, add egg and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- When combined, add in the wet ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray pour brownie batter into pan and spread out evenly…all the way to the edges. Make it all as flat as possible so that it will cook evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
For Butter Cream:
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer (can use hand mixer).
- Blend until everything comes together and the consistency is right (should be light and fluffy).
- Once brownies have completely cooled, spread butter cream on top of them.
- Cut and serve!
You are going to love these amazing gluten-free brownies!!
LIVE, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo