I have been getting really bad heartburn even though I have been gluten-free for about a month now. I couldn’t figure out what was causing it. So I thought and thought and I kinda did a process of elimination in my mind…I think it’s peanuts that’s doing it, peanut BUTTER to be exact. I’m not sure why, but I think that’s what it is. So, I decided to switch to almond butter. Well, almond butter is kinda expensive. As is EVERYTHING allergen-free, I have found. I’m going to go broke fixing this body of mine!
Anyway, here is a simple, delicious recipe for homemade almond butter.
Homemade Almond Butter (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 c. roasted, salted almonds
- 1 – 2 t. coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 2 packets NuStevia™
- Toss the almonds in your food processor bowl, followed by 1 t. coconut oil and stevia.
- Pulse to get going, then process for 60 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl and repeat. Continue processing, scraping down and adding remaining oil as needed until you get desired consistency.
- Store in a cool dry place in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
I made a sandwich with this and the same sugar-free fruit preserves I always use and the same gluten-free bread I always use. NO heartburn! Yay! Must have been the peanut butter!! So, I guess it’s easy on the peanut butter for me…
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo