All I can say is WOW! This cilantro-lime chicken is so juicy and so full of flavor, you won’t believe it! The flavors in this dish meld together so amazingly well. The original recipe was called something else, but since you can’t taste one of the ingredients, I changed the name. No sense getting people’s hopes up, right? 😉 You will want to make this recipe again and again!
Cilantro-Lime Chicken (Click HERE to print recipe)
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 T. oil
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 1/2 t. ground coriander
- 2 t. curry powder
- 1 1/2 T. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 T. kosher salt
- 1 T. truvia (or sugar of choice)
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges (so you need 3 total)
- Trim fat from chicken.
- Place chicken in a bowl or a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Measure all ingredients EXCEPT fresh cilantro and extra limes into bowl or bag and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; pour marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve with chicken when done.
- In a heavy skillet, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil, cooking a couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, cilantro and a little of the reserved sauce on the side.
Adapted from this recipe.
I hope you enjoy this cilantro-lime chicken as much as I did! I thought it was fabulous!
Live, laugh, love and be kind. xoxo