These are possibly the most flavorful tomatoes you will ever sink your teeth into. They are marinated tomatoes. You can serve these with your favorite gluten-free rolls or bread to sop up the delicious marinade. You aren’t going to want to waste a drop from these marinated tomatoes! If you don’t want to use whole tomatoes, you can halve cherry or grape tomatoes.
Marinated Tomatoes (Click HERE to print recipe)
What You’ll Need:
- 4 T. fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 T. fresh basil, washed and chopped
- 3/4 t. dried thyme
- 1 T. sugar-free sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 t. seasoning salt
- 1/2 t. cracked black pepper
- 3/4 c. canola or light tasting olive oil
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 3 whole green onions, washed and sliced
- 6 whole tomatoes, washed and cut into wedges
What To Do:
- Whisk together in a bowl everything but the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to coat. Allow tomatoes to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite gluten-free (or non) bread to sop up the delicious marinade!
Even with the 3/4 c. oil, this is an E recipe, because you don’t eat all the oil in one serving, it’s spread out between all the servings. Feel free to cut down on the oil if you want to try and lessen the fat.
Adapted from here: Killer Marinated Tomatoes
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo