I have seen recipe after recipe for these egg muffins and have wanted to try them for some time, but have shied away for some reason or other. Well, today that came to an end. I finally made my egg muffins. And I am so glad I did. They’re delicious!! I didn’t follow anyone’s recipe, I just did my own thing. I thought about what me and my bunch like in eggs and went from there. I will now share my recipe for Egg Muffins.
Egg Muffins (Click HERE to print recipe)
Let’s Get This:
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 c. cream or half and half
- 1 T. coconut oil to cook veggies in (can use any oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 1 medium bell pepper, diced small (I used an orange one, but hey, I’m not the boss of you!)
- 1/4 medium onion, diced small
- 1/4 c.mushrooms, diced small
- small handful fresh baby spinach chopped small
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, to crumble on top of muffins before baking
- 1/4-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, to sprinkle on top of muffins before baking
- seasonings for veggies and eggs (whatever you like), to taste
- non-stick cooking spray for muffin tin
Let’s Do This:
- Preheat you oven to 350º F.
- Cook your bacon (I cooked mine in the oven while I got everything else ready)
- Cook garlic, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat in 1 T. coconut oil and seasonings you like, until tender.
- Turn off heat and add chopped spinach to wilt; allow to cool several minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, whisk eggs and cream together with whatever seasonings you are using.
- Spray your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once veggies have cooled several minutes, add to egg and milk mixture, stirring well to mix.
- Using a small ladle, ladle egg muffin mixture into muffin tin.
- Crumble bacon into each tin and sprinkle a little cheese on top as well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
These are tasty little muffins that would make great after school snacks, breakfast, brunch, or an after workout snack. If you don’t do spinach, don’t put it in there. If you like something else you don’t see, add it. The possibilities are limitless!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo