Pizza Soup is nothing short of AAAMMMMAAAZZIIINNGG!!! It’s good for when you want the taste of pizza without the guilt of pizza. It’s easier than making the cauliflower pizza dough, because it all goes in one pot and it’s just quick.
Pizza Soup is healthy and it’s filling. Now you can add or omit anything you like or don’t like, just like a regular pizza. So feel free to do so. I have had people say, “Ew, I don’t like olives.” Well don’t put them in there then! It’s super easy to customize to your likes and dislikes!! So…here we go!!
Pizza Soup (Click HERE to print)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 – 3/4 c.)2 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 3/4 c.)
- 1/2-1 lb. LEAN ground meat (turkey, venison, chicken)
- 1 c. sliced button mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 large (1 lb., 12 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 large (1 lb., 13 oz. can) tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. sliced black olives ( I use MORE)
- 1/2 c. green olives (not in original recipe, I use MORE)
- 1 can fat-free refried beans (or pinto beans, undrained, put through blender or food processor)
- 1 c. water (give or take, just to thin soup out a bit)
- Heat olive oil on med/high in a large, deep saucepan with a lid. When it is heated, add the onion, garlic, peppers, turkey and paprika; sauté, stirring for 5 minutes until onion and meat are cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and herbs. Cover and bring to a boil.
- While it’s cooking, if you are using pinto’s, puree beans in blender. Add bean puree or refried beans and about a cup of water to the pot.
- Simmer on med/low heat 10-15 minutes.
- Add olives and gently stir.
- If soup is too thick for your liking, you can add another 1/2 c. water.
- Top with Veggie Mozzarella, 2% Mozzarella, or whatever you prefer. I use 2% shredded Mozzarella on mine.
You MUST try this soup. It’s life changing!!
Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo