I have shared this strawberry salad dressing recipe before, but since this is going to be strictly a food and recipe blog, I am going to share it here as well. This recipe is AMAZING.
I actually have two versions of it. One calls for quite a bit of oil and one calls for a little. I am going to share the one with less oil. I don’t see the point in using a ton of oil when it isn’t necessary. Even though it is evoo, which is relatively healthy.
I enjoy eating salads all year round and I get bored with eating boring old ranch salad dressing. So I am always looking for good salad dressing recipes that are low-fat or non-fat and always sugar-free or very low-sugar. I really wasn’t sure I would like this one at first, because it had fruit, lettuce and meat all in the same dish. Yeah, I’m not one to mix my foods like that. But I’m glad I tried it because this strawberry salad dressing is actually pretty amazing!
It looks pretty good on a plate too, I must say!
Strawberry Salad Dressing (Click HERE to print)
- ¼ c. cider vinegar
- 1 T. minced onion
- ¾ t. paprika
- ¾ t. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ c. truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 – 1 1/2 c. fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped (can use frozen)
- 1 c. no sugar added applesauce
- ¼ c. light tasting olive oil
- fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, spring greens (or your favorite greens) and cooked chicken breast.
- In a blender combine all ingredients except oil.
- Once blended well, add oil slowly, a little at a time, blending well after each addition until all the oil is added.
- Blend well.
- Top favorite salad greens with fresh strawberries, blueberries and cooked chicken.
- Pour fresh dressing over top of everything.
This salad dressing is the perfect blend of tart and sweet and goes well with the slight bitterness of spring greens, but you can use any greens you like. I know I said this is a great summer salad, but I really enjoy this any time of year…it is cheaper to make in the summer, though because the berries are in season then. I do convince the hubs to buy them every now and again in the off-season because I do love this salad dressing so very much!!
I do hope you will try it! Come back and let me know what you think!
Til we meet again… Live, laugh, love and be kind! xoxo